Welcome to EDC
Engineering Design Consultants (EDC) is a medium-sized, multi-disciplined engineering consultancy providing clients with an innovative, reliable, friendly service that gives creative solutions to ensure a smooth pathway from conception to completion.
We have offices on Auckland’s North Shore and in Christchurch. We offer structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering services predominantly for architects, developers, planners, surveyors and home owners.
What do we offer our clients?
- EDC was established in 1985 and has built a reputation for having considerable experience across a broad range of engineering disciplines. This provides our clients with the option of using one engineering company for the duration of the project.
- Within our staff we have the capacity to provide a range of services from conservative through to innovative to match your job needs and risk profile. We pride ourselves on “outside the box” thinking in order to produce creative solutions.
- Although we are well aware of the need to be cost-sensitive, EDC does not cut corners. We aim to deliver work of a very high standard with an emphasis on safety in design.
- Our experience in working effectively with councils means we can better help you obtain your design approvals.
- We accommodate both large and small projects with flare.
Established for 30 years, EDC now supports a strong team of professional, highly experienced engineers working within a close-knit group in a supportive yet challenging environment.
We look forward to being of assistance to you.
Are you a....
At EDC, we help property owners turn their building plans into reality, drawing on our extensive range of civil, geotechnical, environmental and structural engineering skills to handle every aspect of their property development.
You will find our extensive experience and established relationships with local councils- plus our deep understanding of consent procedures – highly valuable. Our clients benefit tremendously from our knowledge of council regulations, particularly in the early stages of project planning. Equally useful is the informed advice we can offer on mitigating the environmental effects of land development.
Commercial / Industrial Developer
Within our experienced and highly-trained team, we have skilled and experienced engineers – geotechnical, structural and fire – who can take your commercial project from initial concept stage to completion – or, if you prefer, can help with just one or several elements of the project.
School / Community
The ability to combine high levels of technical expertise with the unique requirements of publicly-funded projects has made EDC a popular choice for providing engineering services for church, school and community projects.
Existing Building Owner
Legislation, council requirements and market expectations regarding the seismic strength of existing buildings can be complex and confusing for building owners. EDC can assist with navigating the issues, determining the seismic strength of your building and developing options for strengthening. We take pride in presenting cost effective solutions for enhancing the strength of existing buildings.
Planner, Architect or Surveyor
The team at EDC enjoy nothing more than working with like-minded professionals on new and exciting developments. Being a multi-disciplinary office, we have particular strength in communicating complex ideas to fellow team members, and maintaining that all important ‘big picture’ view of a project.