We are looking for an enthusiastic, technically excellent go-getter to join our fantastic team of geotechnical engineers. We are a company with an exciting future, and you could be part of that!
Engineering Design Consultants Ltd (EDC) is a medium-sized, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplined engineering consultancy providing clients with an innovative, reliable, friendly service and creative solutions to ensure a smooth pathway from conception to completion. We have offices in Auckland, Christchurch, and the Bay of Plenty offering structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering services predominantly for architects, developers, planners, surveyors and building owners.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To contribute to the success of EDC in achieving its business and strategic goals by working as part of our Whakatane Geotechnical Department and delivering high quality professional consulting services to clients. To ensure consistent levels of satisfaction, repeat business and opportunities for new business.
- Provide best practice geotechnical investigations and design in consultation with clients.
- Undertake and supervise slope stability analysis including if required tape and level surveys.
- To undertake and supervise seismic hazard assessments, including liquefaction analysis.
- Undertake and supervise geo-environmental investigations including analysis of results.
- Prepare clear concise, factual, and interpretative reports, design, specifications, contracts, and drawings.
- To prepare estimated fees for proposed investigations and discuss with existing and prospective clients.
- Liaise with client’s design team (i.e. structural engineers, architects etc) to provide the information they require.
- Undertake pile and retaining wall designs.
- Contribute to the development of technical capability in the Geotechnical team.
- Preparation of documentation packages.
- Communicate and coordinate in a professional manner with other project stakeholders, to deliver successful project documentation and outcomes to required deadlines;
- Site inspections as required;
- To ensure that all work undertaken, and behaviour exhibited is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines, technical standards, legislation, and codes of practice relevant to Geotechnical Engineering practice in New Zealand;
- Ensure all work is appropriately designed, checked, published, and distributed in accordance with EDC QA and IT policies.
- A tertiary qualification in Geotechnical engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Civil Engineering and seismic experience would be advantageous;
- Working towards CPEng registration;
- A track record in geotechnical engineering assessments and foundation design across a variety of projects;
- Wide range of experience in mapping, logging, and investigations;
- Wide ranging technical aptitude and ability, with strong geotechnical analysis and design experience;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally;
- A strong aptitude to learn new tools / software as required;
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.