Protect existing and new function centre
• This historic and popular tavern is positioned at the top of a large riverbank
• The riverbank rises several meters above the river below
• A substantial slip threatened the opening of the new function centre
• Respected and established working relationship with Auckland council
• EDC responded with a solid, tied-back timber wall design within 24hrs
• Access was achieved from above rather than from the river
Although access and time frames proved challenging, construction of the retraining wall, like the Tavern’s first function, went smoothly and without hitch.