We require a Civil Engineer to join our growing Auckland office.
At EDC we are growing and looking at new opportunities in Auckland and around New Zealand. We require an ambitious Civil Engineer who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference.
You’ll be working alongside design teams, liaising with clients, contributing to the team strategy, running projects, mentoring junior staff, all the while working with a great team full of like minded people.
As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits for you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists at EDC.
EDC looks after its employees. We offer good salaries, benefits and bonuses, and you’ll have the opportunity to join our incentive scheme for senior staff. EDC is fully owned by employees, and company ownership is an option.
If you want to take control of your career, apply now!
- General civil consulting engineering works covering stormwater, wastewater, water supply, retaining wall and roading infrastructure design and supervision for land, residential and commercial developments;
- Site supervision for land, residential and commercial developments
- Civil engineering infrastructure investigations, concept evaluation, reporting and design drawing (proficiently using Civil 3D);
- Preparation of civil engineering design and drawings for Resource/Building Consent Applications with an excellent understanding of the processes associated with Resource Consents, Engineering Approvals, and Building Consents;
- Liaison with clients and their professional advisors including preparation of quotations;
- Coordinating projects with other members of staff and clients;
- Autonomously complete site inspections from prestart meetings through construction to final sign off documentation preparation maintain a high level of quality control;
- Bulk earthworks and sediment control drawings, volume calculations and reports;
- Flood plain modelling and reporting on the effects of flooding on a development.
- Client liaison, marketing and networking to ensure client satisfaction, repeat business and identification of new opportunities in the market;
- Liaison with geotechnical, structural and fire engineering areas of the business to provide a total service solution to clients.
- To ensure that all work undertaken, and behaviour exhibited is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines, technical standards, legislation, Council and WaterCare design Standards and codes of practice relevant to Civil Engineering practice in New Zealand.
- Assist with invoicing, fee estimates, and job schedule management;
- General office duties as required;
- Possible travel around New Zealand including visits to the Bay of Plenty and Christchurch offices if required for specific projects to be agreed;
- Any other duties the Employer may reasonably require the Employee to perform.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering; Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) specialising in Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- Working toward EngNZ membership and CPEng registration status.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Civil engineering in NZ, preferably with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in Auckland (within the last 3 years).
- A track record in Civil engineering assessments and design across a variety of projects;
- Construction and contractor liaison experience is essential;
- Strong ability to prepare technical drawings in Civil 3D and to clearly identify the details;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of computers and relevant technical software.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally;
- Aptitude to learn new tools/software as required;
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development;
- Excellent inter-personal skills to collaboratively work and contribute within the team on projects;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and achieve superior engineering outcomes.