We require a Civil & Geotechnical Project Support “All Star” to join our Christchurch office, based in Riccarton.
We are looking for an ambitious team player who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference. You’ll be working alongside the Civil & Geotechnical design teams, liaising with clients and contributing to the team strategy, all the while working with a great team full of like minded people. As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits for you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists at EDC.
Our role offers flexible working hours between 35-40 hours per week.
We value and look after our employees by offering competitive salaries, benefits and bonuses. So if you want to take control of your career, apply now!
Front of Office:
- You will be the first point of contact for clients both via phone and in person, ensuring that all inquiries are dealt with quickly, pleasantly and efficiently.
- Set up and monitor all work undertaken by the Geotechnical and Civil engineering teams, ensuring excellent communication is maintained with all relevant parties and deliverables are issued within agreed time frames.
- Download and collation of files and documents for new projects.
- Job set-up and management using WorkflowMax.
- Preparation and follow up of fee proposals and short form agreements.
- Liaison with clients and contractors throughout project duration.
- Arranging site works for engineers.
- Document editing and formatting assistance utilising MS Word and Bluebeam as required.
- Monitoring of deliverables and invoice generation as required.
- Debtor follow up.
- Assist with keeping Health & Safety, Safety in Design and QA documents up to date including contractor management.
- Providing administrative support to the Marketing Manager by coordinating quarterly meetings, minutes and action follow up.
- Administrative and office maintenance tasks to provide efficient and timely support to the Christchurch office. Your main focus will be the Civil and Geotechnical teams, however backup for the other Project Support Staff might be required from time to time.
- Assisting with marketing by collating information for use on our website and other promotional material.
- Procurement of office supplies, company clothing, purchasing of kitchen supplies.
- Banking and collection of mail.
- Travel bookings including flights, car rental and accommodation when required.
- Office cleanliness including rubbish and recycling collection, kitchen tidiness and ensuring the office is presentable for clients and visitors.
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require the employee to perform.
- Experience in general administrative support work including invoicing.
- An interest in Marketing is required, experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Computer software competency in Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain and update Social Media platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. A written aptitude test will be undertaken during the interview process.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to manage the administrative demands and functions of a busy team.
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational and efficiency skills.
- Ability to problem solve using your own judgement to interpret rules and instructions.
- A professional manner with excellent telephone/reception etiquette.
- People person who demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relating to others with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
No Recruitment Agencies – Applicants to apply directly