We require a Civil Project and IT Support All Star to join our Auckland office on a 14 month contract basis.
We are looking for an ambitious team player who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference.
You’ll be working alongside the Civil design team, liaising with clients, contributing to the team strategy and providing IT support, all the while working with a great team full of like minded people.
As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits for you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists at EDC.
EDC looks after its employees. We offer good salaries, benefits and bonuses.
If you want to take control of your career, apply now!
Front of Office:
- Sharing the reception duties with the other admin staff – you will be one of the first points of contact in the business for clients both via phone and in person, ensuring that all inquiries are dealt with quickly, pleasantly and efficiently.
Project and IT Support:
- Job engagement documentation/job start up process (Work Flow Max, create digital and hard copy folders, save received docs to correct server folders);
- Monthly Invoicing including updating shared spreadsheet each month;
- Preparing documentation (e.g. – fee offers, reports, process flows, Producer Statements, etc.);
- Debtor and fee proposal follow up;
- Maintain currency of Civil resourcing sheet;
- Manage training and travel arrangements for the Civil team (book flights, car parking, car rental, accommodation, etc.);
- Assist with keeping Health & Safety documents up to date including contractor management for the Civil Team;
- Liaison with contractors and sub-contractors regarding new job requests and invoicing;
- Assist with creating and documenting procedures for the Civil Team and communicating these to the relevant parties;
- Initial point of contact for internal IT issues and trouble-shooting;
- IT and asset auditing and list management;
- IT and asset procurement assistance;
- IT training, policy and process management assistance.
- General administration and correspondence for the Civil, Geotechnical & Structural teams when cover is required;
- Assisting with marketing by collating information for use on our website and other promotional material;
- Assist with maintenance of the office including rubbish, recycling, kitchen cleanliness and ensuring the office is presentable for clients and visitors.
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require the employee to perform.
Qualification Specification and Experience:
- No specific qualification required;
- Experience in IT trouble-shooting, providing support to a Director/Manager and general administrative support work;
- Application of practical skills or acquired knowledge to undertake well-defined activities, but with the need for individual judgement.
- Computer software competency in Word, Excel, MS Outlook;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Understanding of building/engineering industry desirable but not essential;
- Valid full driver’s licence.
- Ability to manage the administrative demands and functions of a busy team with discretion;
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational and efficiency skills;
- Ability to problem solve using your own judgement;
- Ability to interpret rules and instructions;
- A professional manner with excellent telephone/reception etiquette;
- Willingness to learn all parts of the business;
- People person who demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relating to others with courtesy, tact and diplomacy;
- A team player;
- Forward thinking and proactive.