We require a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Auckland office.
At EDC we are growing and looking at new opportunities in Auckland and around New Zealand. We require an ambitious Geotechnical Engineer who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference.
You’ll be working alongside design teams, liaising with clients, contributing to the team strategy, running projects, mentoring junior staff, all the while working with a great team full of like minded people.
As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits for you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists at EDC.
EDC looks after its employees. We offer good salaries, benefits and bonuses, and you’ll have the opportunity to join our incentive scheme for senior staff. EDC is fully owned by employees, and company ownership is an option.
If you want to take control of your career, apply now!
- Provide best practice geotechnical investigations and design in consultation with clients.
- Undertake and supervise slope stability analysis including if required tape and level surveys.
- Undertake and supervise geo-environmental investigations including analysis of results.
- Prepare clear concise, factual and interpretative reports, design, specifications, contracts and drawings.
- Good understanding of the dynamic properties of the soils, evaluate results from seismic surveys familiar with soil seismic response software
- To prepare estimated fees for proposed investigations and discuss with existing and prospective clients.
- Liaise with client’s design team (i.e. structural engineers, architects etc) to provide the information they require.
- Undertake retaining wall designs.
- Contribute to the development of technical capability in the Geotechnical team.
- Preparation of documentation packages.
- Communicate and coordinate in a professional manner with other project stakeholders, to deliver successful project documentation and outcomes to required deadlines.
- Site inspections as required.
- Undertake and supervise storm water soakage investigations and design to relevant Territorial Authority requirements.
- Undertake and supervise on-site wastewater treatment and effluent disposal design to TP58 or other standards.
- Client liaison, marketing and networking to ensure client satisfaction, repeat business and identification of new opportunities in the market.
- Liaison with other discipline areas of the business to provide a total service solution to clients.
- To ensure that all work undertaken and behaviour exhibited is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines, technical standards, legislation and codes of practice relevant to Geotechnical Engineering practice in New Zealand.
- Assist Team Leader – Geotechnical with training and mentoring of more junior staff.
- General office duties as required.
- Possible travel around New Zealand including visits to the Christchurch and Bay of Plenty office based in Whakatane as required.
- Any other duties the Employer may reasonably require the Employee to perform.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Seismic experience would be advantageous.
- A tertiary qualification in geotechnical engineering.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Professional (CPEng).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers and relevant technical software, e.g. Slide, Wallap, GINT.
- A track record in geotechnical engineering assessments and foundation design across a variety of projects.
- Wide range of experience in mapping, logging and investigations.
- Wide range of slope stability investigation and analysis experience.
- Good knowledge of seismic response analysis.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally.
- Aptitude to learn new tools / software as required.
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to collaboratively work and contribute within the team on projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.