We require a Junior Technician on a part time basis to join our Christchurch office.
At EDC we are growing and looking at new opportunities in Christchurch and around New Zealand. We require an ambitious Junior Technician who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference.
You’ll be working alongside design teams and contributing to the team strategy all the while working with a great team full of like minded people. This role is required for 16 hours per week with the option of potentially increasing hours in future depending on market progression.
As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists within our organisation. EDC looks after its employees. We offer good salaries, benefits and bonuses and we are fully owned by employees.
If you want to take control of your career, apply now!
- Preparing structural and civil drawings using primarily using Revit, but occasionally AutoCAD, which accurately reflect the buildings structural design, are dimensionally correct and easy to read;
- Maintaining the CAD library including document and drawing file control;
- Preparation of documentation packages;
- Communicate and coordinate in a professional manner with other project stakeholders, to deliver successful project documentation and outcomes to required deadlines;
- Site inspections as required.
- To ensure that all work undertaken, and behaviour exhibited is in accordance with appropriate company, professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines, technical standards, legislation and codes of practice relevant to Structural Engineering practice in New Zealand.
- Possible travel around New Zealand including visits to the Auckland and Bay of Plenty offices as required;
- Any other duties the Employer may reasonably require the Employee to perform.
- Qualified NZCE, NZCD or equivalent or demonstrated progress towards qualification;
- Understanding of structures, structural elements and how they fit together;
- Some experience in structural detailing preferable;
- Some experience and ability with Revit preferable.
- Understanding of technical drawing practice;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of computers and relevant technical software.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally;
- Aptitude to learn new tools / software as required;
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development;
- Excellent inter-personal skills to collaboratively work and contribute within the team on projects;