We require a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing Bay of Plenty office based in Whakatane.
At EDC we are growing and looking at new opportunities in the Bay of Plenty and around New Zealand. We require an ambitious Senior Structural Engineer who is looking for a role in a company where you can really make a difference.
You’ll be working autonomously in conjunction with design teams from the Auckland and Christchurch offices, liaising with clients, contributing to the team strategy, running projects, all the while working with a great team full of like minded people. As a medium sized firm we take pride in being adaptable, so this is your opportunity to develop your career in a direction that suits for you, with plenty of support from the experience that already exists at EDC.
EDC looks after its employees. We offer good salaries, benefits and bonuses, and you’ll have the opportunity to join our incentive scheme for senior staff. EDC is fully owned by employees, and company ownership is an option.
If you want to take control of your career, apply now!
- Be the lead engineer on all projects;
- Manage jobs and their financial performance;
- Structural engineering design and documentation including preparation of structural design briefs;
- Coordinating projects with other members of staff cross company, primarily for peer review purposes;
- General structural consulting engineering works including construction monitoring, site inspections, investigation, testing and measuring and preparation of site inspection reports;
- Preparation of construction tender documents;
- Prepare fee proposals and tenders for work;
- Preparation of insurance reports on structural damage;
- Seismic building assessments and strengthening;
- Review and consolidate existing EDC structural systems, including specifications, software and design standards.
- Client liaison, marketing and networking to ensure client satisfaction, repeat business and identification and procurement of new opportunities in the market;
- Liaison with geotechnical, civil and fire engineering areas of the business to provide a total service solution to clients;
- Promote the services of the company and specifically actively participate in obtaining structural work for this section;
- Administration of client projects and accounts including monthly invoicing;
- Assist with recruitment of structural staff as and when required.
- To ensure that all work undertaken, and behaviour exhibited is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines, technical standards, legislation and codes of practice relevant to Structural Engineering practice in New Zealand;
- Assist with training and mentoring of more junior staff.
- General office duties as required;
- Possible travel around New Zealand including visits to Auckland and Christchurch to work for periods of up to 1 week;
- Any other duties the Employer may reasonably require the Employee to perform.
- A tertiary qualification in structural engineering;
- Chartered Professional Engineer or working towards New Zealand Chartered Professional (CPEng).
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience in structural engineering in NZ preferred;
- Experience in design with steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures.
- A track record in structural engineering assessments and designs across a variety of projects;
- Hard working with good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience with briefing draughting staff and checking their work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of computers and relevant technical software;
- Full clean NZ drivers licence.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally;
- Aptitude to learn new tools / software as required;
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development;
- Excellent inter-personal skills to collaboratively work and contribute within the company on projects;
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.